Thursday, November 4, 2010

Why I'm Excited for a.WAKE.ning

It's pretty simple -- because you'll (probably) never see these local media luminaries on a single stage ever again.

NewsWrights Producer Tom Paulson, NPR global health blogger and 20-year veteran of the Seattle P-I, will moderate a panel discussion on new media. The panel is scheduled to include Pulitzer Prize-winning P-I political cartoonist Dave Horsey, Monica Guzman of Intersect.com, Publicola's Josh Feit, local sportswriting legend Art Thiel, The Stranger theatre critic Brendan Kiley, and Chris Grygiel, coordinator of political coverage for the P-I blogs.

Toss in a free drink, snacks, live theatre, interactive media art and original commissioned visual work, and you have an epic value for your $20 ticket.

Why do we need the money? Because we're paying real wages to real actors and going on a three-location tour. It's a great event for a great company and I hope you'll join us.

No comments:

Post a Comment